Film, Video Swimming in Martian Lakes: Curiosity at Gale Crater
About this Item
- Swimming in Martian Lakes: Curiosity at Gale Crater
- As primitive life was becoming established on Earth, Gale Crater on Mars was a shallow lake filled with drinkable water and brimming with all of the chemical ingredients necessary for life to form. NASA's Scott Guzewich discusses the five-year effort to explore the remnants of this lake with the Curiosity rover. For the first time in the history of space exploration, we are directly studying an environment that was once habitable for life as we know it. The story of Gale Crater tells us how Mars has changed and whether life may be common in the universe.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Science, Technology, and Business Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2018-04-25.
- - science, Mars, Curiosity, water
- - Science, Technology
- - Classification: Science.
- - Classification: Technology.
- - Scott Guzewich.
- - Recorded on 2018-04-25.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Technology Library Of Congress. Science. Swimming in Martian Lakes: Curiosity at Gale Crater. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-25, 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690768/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Science, T. (2018) Swimming in Martian Lakes: Curiosity at Gale Crater. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-25. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690768/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Technology Library Of Congress. Science. Swimming in Martian Lakes: Curiosity at Gale Crater. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-25, 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690768/>.