Film, Video The Upper Atmosphere: Where Space Weather Meets Earth Weather
About this Item
- The Upper Atmosphere: Where Space Weather Meets Earth Weather
- Sarah Jones discussed two of NASA's newest missions, GOLD (Global-scale Observations of the Limb and Disk) and ICON (Ionospheric Connections Explorer), which will determine how weather shapes the Earth's interface to space. At the boundary between Earth and space, charged particles and fields co-exist with Earth's neutral atmosphere and cause a continual tug of war between the neutral and ionized gases. Events like hurricanes create waves that can travel up to this region, while the Sun frequently releases blasts of solar material to impact it. This changes the shape of the boundary between Earth and space and can garble signals being transmitted from satellites.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Science, Technology, and Business Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2018-06-07.
- - Science, Technology
- - Classification: Science.
- - Classification: Technology.
- - Sarah Jones.
- - Recorded on 2018-06-07.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Technology Library Of Congress. Science. The Upper Atmosphere: Where Space Weather Meets Earth Weather. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-07, 2018. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690785/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Science, T. (2018) The Upper Atmosphere: Where Space Weather Meets Earth Weather. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-07. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690785/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Technology Library Of Congress. Science. The Upper Atmosphere: Where Space Weather Meets Earth Weather. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-07, 2018. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690785/>.