Film, Video Another Generation of Seegers: Pete, Mike & Peggy Seeger
About this Item
- Another Generation of Seegers: Pete, Mike & Peggy Seeger
- The Library of Congress celebrated the musical legacy of the Seeger Family during a two-day program, sponsored by the American Folklife Center, titled "How Can I Keep from Singing? A Seeger Family Tribute." Panelists were Todd Harvey, American Folklife Center, speaking on "Seeger Collections at the American Folklife Center Archive"; Jeff Place, Smithsonian Folkways Records, discussing "Seeger Materials in the Smithsonian Folkways Collection"; and David Dunaway, University of New Mexico, talking about "Documenting the Seegers." Program: 00:00 Michael Taft (0:10), 01:06 Todd Harvey (1:06), 11:07 Question from Joe Hickerson, former AFC staff (11:07), 13:00 Jeff Place (13:00), 39:52 David Dunaway (39:52)
- Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2007-03-16.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Group name: How Can I Keep From Singing? A Seeger Family Tribute.
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2007-03-16.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Another Generation of Seegers: Pete, Mike & Peggy Seeger. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-16, 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690840/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress, American Folklife Center, S. B. & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2007) Another Generation of Seegers: Pete, Mike & Peggy Seeger. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-16. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690840/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Another Generation of Seegers: Pete, Mike & Peggy Seeger. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-16, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690840/>.