Audio Recording Cuban-American author Ruth Behar reads the poetry in "Otra piel para otra entraña"
Cuban-American author Ruth Behar reads the poetry in "Otra piel para otra entraña"
About this Item
- Cuban-American author Ruth Behar reads the poetry in "Otra piel para otra entraña"
- Behar, Ruth, 1956-
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- - United States--Prose
- - Poetry in English and Spanish.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Recording includes Rolando Estévez's artist statement for the "Otra piel" dress, and all of the poems that are included in the piece. This one-of-a-kind performative work of poetry takes the shape of a black bridal gown that readers unfurl in a celebration of Cuban and American Women poets. It includes forty-five scrolls containing poems and illustrations, and comes with black and white veils, bouquets, masks, and fans. The gown comes to life as readers unscroll the poems, altering its color and form.
- - Featured Cuban poets: Digdora Alonso, Ruth Behar, Emelia Bernal, Juana Borrero, Damaris Calderón, Sonia Díaz Corrales, Lucre Viridiana Estévez, Sofía Estévez, Fina García Marruz, Gertrudis Gómez de Avellaneda, Lourdes González, Georgina Herrera, Dulce María Loynaz, Teresa Melo, María Luisa Milanés, Luisa Molina, Carilda Oliver Labra, Nancy Morejón, Luisa Pérez de Zambrana, Soleida Rios, Laura Ruiz Montes, and María Villar Buceta -- Featured American poets: Marjorie Agosín, Maya Angelou, Elizabeth Bishop, Gwendolyn Brooks, Sandra Cisneros, Emily Dickinson, Hilda Doolittle, Carolyn Forché, Nikki Giovanni, Louise Gluck, Joy Harjo, Jane Kenyon, Emma Lazarus, Aurora Levins Morales, Audre Lorde, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Marianne Moore, Mary Oliver, Grace Paley, Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, and Adrienne Rich.
- - 12-May-22 Virtual session.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 1 sound file : digital, WAV file (24 bit, 96 kHz)
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Hispanic Reading Room.
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Behar, Ruth, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Cuban-American author Ruth Behar reads the poetry in "Otra piel para otra entraña". 2022. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021758337/.
APA citation style:
Behar, R. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (2022) Cuban-American author Ruth Behar reads the poetry in "Otra piel para otra entraña". [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021758337/.
MLA citation style:
Behar, Ruth, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Cuban-American author Ruth Behar reads the poetry in "Otra piel para otra entraña". 2022. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021758337/>.