Newspaper The Daytona Daily News (Daytona, Fla.) 1903-1925 [Online Resource] Sunday morning issues for <Jan. 2, 1921>-Oct. 14, 1923 titled: Sunday morning daily news / Daily news
About this Newspaper
- The Daytona Daily News (Daytona, Fla.) 1903-1925 [Online Resource]
- Sunday morning issues for -Oct. 14, 1923 titled: Sunday morning daily news
- Daily news
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Daytona, Fla. : Edw. Fitzgerald, 1903-1925.
- Daytona, Fla. : Geo. F. Crouch
- Daytona, Fla. : The Gazette-News Company
- Daytona, Fla. : T.E. Fitzgerald
- - Daytona (Fla.)--Newspapers
- - Volusia County (Fla.)--Newspapers
- - Florida--Daytona Beach
- - Florida--Volusia County
- - United States--Florida--Volusia County--Daytona Beach
- Electronic journals
- - Daily (except Saturday), <1924>-1925
- - Began Dec. 1, 1903; ceased with vol. , no. 161 (Aug. 4, 1925).
- - The Daytona Daily News began publishing in 1903. In August of 1925, following the vote to merge the Florida cities of Daytona, Daytona Beach and Seabreeze into the new city of Daytona Beach, the newspaper changed its name to the Daytona Beach News [LCCN: sn96027149], despite consolidation not being official until January 1, 1926. In 1927, the newspaper merged with the Daytona Beach (FL) Journal [LCCN sn96027151] to form the Daytona Beach (FL) News-Journal [LCCN sn96027152]. In 1936, the newspaper split into the Daytona Beach (FL) Evening News [LCCN sn96027153] and the Daytona Beach (FL) Morning Journal [LCCN sn93063708]. In 1986, the two newspapers merged back together to form the News-Journal (Daytona Beach, Fla.) [sn94057790], later returning to the name Daytona Beach (FL) News-Journal  in 2001.
- - Published: daily (except Sunday), December through March only, Dec. 1903- (none issued in Dec. 1904; seasons ending in 1916-<1917> extended into April); every afternoon (except Sunday) of the year and Sunday morning for December through March only, ; every afternoon and Sunday morning, ; every afternoon (except Sunday) and Sunday morning, ; every afternoon (except Saturday) and Sunday morning, -Aug. 4, 1925.
- - 1925 printed as vol. 20, but constitutes vol. 21.
- - Weekly edition: Daytona gazette-news, 1903-1922.
- - Vol. 2, no. 1 (January 2, 1905); title from banner (viewed August 12, 2022).
- - Vol. , no. 161 (August 4, 1925) (viewed August 12, 2022).
- - Daytona Beach news (DLC) 2022239400 (OCoLC)1290897826
- 1 online resource (21 volumes) : illustrations
Call Number/Physical Location
- AN2.F6.D39 N49
- Internet Access AEU
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
Rights & Access
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Daytona Daily News Daytona, Fla. -1925 Online Resource. (Daytona Beach, FL), Jan. 1 1903. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022239399/.
APA citation style:
(1903, January 1) The Daytona Daily News Daytona, Fla. -1925 Online Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022239399/.
MLA citation style:
The Daytona Daily News Daytona, Fla. -1925 Online Resource. (Daytona Beach, FL) 1 Jan. 1903. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/2022239399/.