Book/Printed Material [Four gospels]
About this Item
- [Four gospels]
- Melikʻsētʻ, scribe, active in seventeenth century, scribe
Created / Published
- Gospel of Matthew has missing leaves; Gospel of Mark begins on leaf 79; Gospel of Luke begins on leaf 122; Gospel of John begins on leaf 193.
- - In Armenian.
- - Binding (not original): stamped brown goat's leather over boards; two leather clasps with holes by which to hook nails on page one of cover.
- - Illustrations: pen-drawn decorations; initials.
- - Carbon ink. Colors: black, blue, green.
- - Manuscript text.
- - Text in 2 columns: 7.5 cm. x 2.5 cm.
- - "Ard yishetsʻēkʻ zbaremit ewzhezahogi ěz[ ] Melikʻsētʻ ... "--Colophon.
- - "Armenian MSS. 6006"--Cover of box.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - Near East 37/39
- [33-251] leaves : parchment ; 11 x 9 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- BS95.5 .F6 1683
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that most of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
The exception is the materials from the Africana Historic Postcard Collection. Some items in that collection may be rights-restricted.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Library of Congress, African and Middle Eastern Division, Armenian Rarities
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
MelikʻSētʻ, Scribe, Active In Seventeenth Century, Scribe. Four Gospels. to 1684, 1683. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022403317/.
APA citation style:
MelikʻSētʻ, S. (1683) Four Gospels. to 1684. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022403317/.
MLA citation style:
MelikʻSētʻ, Scribe, Active In Seventeenth Century, Scribe. Four Gospels. to 1684, 1683. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2022403317/>.