Map [Bamum] [Map of the kingdom of Bamum]
About this Item
- [Map of the kingdom of Bamum]
- Njoya, Sultan of Bamoun, 1876?-1933, cartographer
Created / Published
- [Cameroon] : [producer not identified], [Between 1912-1919]
- - Bamoun (Cameroon)--Maps
- - Bamoun (Cameroon)
- Manuscript maps
- - Pen-and-ink and color pencil on paper.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - In Bamum language which is from Niger-Kordofanian family. Written in the Mfemfe alphabet.
- 1 manuscript map : color ; 91 x 100 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G8733.B3 1912 .N5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Njoya, Sultan Of Bamoun, 1876?-1933, Cartographer. Bamum. [Cameroon: producer not identified, Between to 1919, 1912] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022590003/.
APA citation style:
Njoya, S. O. B. (1912) Bamum. [Cameroon: producer not identified, Between to 1919] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022590003/.
MLA citation style:
Njoya, Sultan Of Bamoun, 1876?-1933, Cartographer. Bamum. [Cameroon: producer not identified, Between to 1919, 1912] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2022590003/>.