Map New York 1:25,000. Some sheets titled: New York
About this Item
- New York 1:25,000.
- Some sheets titled: New York
- United States. Army Map Service, cartographer.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Army Map Service, 1945-
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)
- Topographic maps
- - Relief shown by contours, form lines, and spot heights.
- - Each sheet separately titled and numbered, for example, Oppenheim sheet 6070 II SW.
- - Some sheets have a polyconic projection.
- - Includes multiple editions (1 through 3) of some sheets.
- - Includes list of abbreviations, boundary index, index to adjoining sheets, grid zone designation, grid declination, and notes.
- - Most sheets mounted on cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 14 drawers of maps : color ; 56 x 40 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3800 s25 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army Map Service, Cartographer. New York 1:25,000. Washington, D.C.: Army Map Service, 1945. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022590161/.
APA citation style:
United States Army Map Service, C. (1945) New York 1:25,000. Washington, D.C.: Army Map Service. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022590161/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army Map Service, Cartographer. New York 1:25,000. Washington, D.C.: Army Map Service, 1945. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2022590161/>.