Map Map of Morristown, Morris County, N.J.
About this Item
- Map of Morristown, Morris County, N.J.
- Smith, Marcus, 1815-1904, cartographer
Created / Published
- New York: Smith, Marcus / Dripps, M. , 1850.
- - Real property--New Jersey--Morristown--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Morristown--Maps
- - Morristown (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Morristown
- - Shows names of landowners.
- - The Earliest Map of Morristown, New Jersey, Smith, Marcus/ Dripps, M. [New York: 1850] Map of Morristown, Morris County, N.J. 38 1/2x30 inches. Hand-colored, lithographed small wall map. Expertly conserved & re-mounted on new linen with silk edging. Evidence of previous cracking & a few small losses at top & bottom portions, lightly age-toned, overall a superior example for map of this type.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1850, by M. Dripps in the Clerks office of the district court of the southern district of New York."
- - Includes inset of "The Park" and illustrations.
- - Mounted on cloth with silk edging.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand color ; 90 x 68 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3814.M8G46 1850 .S6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, Marcus, Cartographer. Map of Morristown, Morris County, N.J. New York: Smith, Marcus / Dripps, M, 1850. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022593566/.
APA citation style:
Smith, M. (1850) Map of Morristown, Morris County, N.J. New York: Smith, Marcus / Dripps, M. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022593566/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, Marcus, Cartographer. Map of Morristown, Morris County, N.J. New York: Smith, Marcus / Dripps, M, 1850. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2022593566/>.