Manuscript/Mixed Material Magaraw Pag-anak
About this Item
- Magaraw Pag-anak
- Days of Childhood
- Luyon (Mangyan author)
Created / Published
- - Mangyan language--Texts
- - Prose
- - "No 2 Niños en su adolescencia"--Notes on item.
- - Source of transliteration/translation/transcription: Fletcher Gardner and Ildefonso Maliwanag, Indic Writings of the Mindoro-Palawan Axis, Vol. 1, no. 2, p. 29.
- - Mangyan transliteration: 1. Pagka may buut ye kang anak magawat ye waydi say kay gurang sa pagalaga hayop. 2. No malambong ipagpasirong pagpabahan apoy sa dayo kagton namok. 3. Ti anak ati di sa kogon magbantay sa dayo sungayon kapareho hayop. 4. Kaawat awat di man sa pagtanum halaman pagsuguun di man niya ina. 5. Unman waydi magbugia sa kay gorang para dayek sa kayo mairibgon.
- - English translation: 1. After our child has reached the proper age, he always helps his elders in the care of cattle. 2. During the afternoon he shelters them near a little fire so that they may not be bitten by mosquitos. 3. The child there in the pasture watches so that they will not be gored by other animals. 4. Likewise he helps in planting and is an errand boy for his mother. 5. He is a merry boy, never disobedient to his elders, and is a climber of high trees.
- - original filename: box2no2
- 1/2 round bamboo
- Mangyan bamboo collection from Mindoro, Philippines, circa 1900-1939
- Library of Congress Asian Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.asian/asian.home
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Mangyan Bamboo Collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Asian Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Luyon. Magaraw Pag-anak. to 1939?, 1938. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022685030/.
APA citation style:
Luyon. (1938) Magaraw Pag-anak. to 1939?. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022685030/.
MLA citation style:
Luyon. Magaraw Pag-anak. to 1939?, 1938. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2022685030/>.