Manuscript/Mixed Material Pag-alaga
About this Item
- Child Care
- Luyon (Mangyan author)
Created / Published
- - Mangyan language--Texts
- - Prose
- - "No 3 Dirigido por Ild. Maliwanag Escrito Luyon, Mansalay" "El amoroso cuidado" --Notes on item.
- - Source of transliteration/translation/transcription: Fletcher Gardner and Ildefonso Maliwanag, Indic Writings of the Mindoro-Palawan Axis, Vol. 1, no. 3, p. 30.
- - Mangyan transliteration: 1. Kahirak-hirak tig-alaga Mangyan sa anak una makuri. 2. Bokon ugali ti magmura ti magbakol sa anak. 3. Mati-ison ti manga gurang. 4. Masunudin waydi pagmanga anak, kasarangan waydi magbaga, mahal waydi mamilin mahuyang magadal. 5. Una di-it pagisda ayaw-ayawa sa tanan. 6. Mahal waydi magalaga sa may sakit.
- - English translation: 1. Very important is the care of a Mangyan for his child, no matter how poor he may be. 2. It is against custom to scold or whip the child. 3. The grown people are very patient. 4. The children are always obedient, always slow to quarrel, always valued dear, and easy to teach. 5. One little fish is divided equally to all. 6. Gentle always is the care of those who are sick.
- - original filename: box2no3
- 1/2 round bamboo
- Mangyan bamboo collection from Mindoro, Philippines, circa 1900-1939
- Library of Congress Asian Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.asian/asian.home
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Mangyan Bamboo Collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Asian Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Luyon. Pag-Alaga. to 1939?, 1938. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2022685031/.
APA citation style:
Luyon. (1938) Pag-Alaga. to 1939?. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2022685031/.
MLA citation style:
Luyon. Pag-Alaga. to 1939?, 1938. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2022685031/>.