Book/Printed Material Philosophiae naturalis principia mathematica.
About this Item
- Philosophiae naturalis principia mathematica.
- Newton, Isaac, 1642-1727.
Created / Published
- Londini, Jussu Societatis Regiæ ac Typis Josephi Streater. Prostat apud plures Bibliopolas. Anno 1687.
- - Mechanics--Early works to 1800
- - Celestial mechanics--Early works to 1800
- Bookplates (Provenance)--DLC
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Signatures: [A]-Z⁴, (H₂ lettered G₂), Aa-Zz⁴, ***⁴, Aaa-Ooo⁴.
- - The second and third books were apparently printed by different printers as indicated by the different type in the headings and the break in paging between the two books.
- - Imperfect: folded plate wanting. Sig. Fff reinforced with crepeline and badly discolored.
- - "E libris Collegii Episcopalis a Societate de propagando apud exteros evangelio prope Calcuttam fundati."
- - ESTC R5707
- - LAC scc 2018-11-09 update (1 card)
- - LAC kcc 2018-12-06 review
- - LC Review of LAC Completed/Approved 2018-12-10
- - LAC ael 2021-05-13 update (1 card)0
- 4 p.l., 383, 400-510 p., 1 l. fold. pl., diagrs. 25 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- QA803 .A2 1687
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Newton, Isaac. Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica. Londini, Jussu Societatis Regiæ ac Typis Josephi Streater. Prostat apud plures Bibliopolas. Anno, 1687. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/28020872/.
APA citation style:
Newton, I. (1687) Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica. Londini, Jussu Societatis Regiæ ac Typis Josephi Streater. Prostat apud plures Bibliopolas. Anno. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/28020872/.
MLA citation style:
Newton, Isaac. Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica. Londini, Jussu Societatis Regiæ ac Typis Josephi Streater. Prostat apud plures Bibliopolas. Anno, 1687. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/28020872/>.