Book/Printed Material La danse des salons
About this Item
- La danse des salons
- Contributor Names
- Cellarius, Henri.
- Created / Published
- Chez l'auteur, Paris, 1849, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Ballroom dancing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - par Cellarius ; dessins de Gavarni ; gravés par Lavieille. (statement of responsibility)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 174 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Nineteenth Century Social Dance | Western Social Dance: An Overview of the Collection | Articles and Essays | An American Ballroom Companion: Dance Instruction Manuals, ca. 1490 to 1920 | Digital Collections
- Video Directory | Articles and Essays | An American Ballroom Companion: Dance Instruction Manuals, ca. 1490 to 1920 | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cellarius, Henri. La Danse Des Salons. Chez l'auteur, Paris, monographic, 1849. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/43028263/.
APA citation style:
Cellarius, H. (1849) La Danse Des Salons. Chez l'auteur, Paris, monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/43028263/.
MLA citation style:
Cellarius, Henri. La Danse Des Salons. Chez l'auteur, Paris, monographic, 1849. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/43028263/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialThe drawing-room dances Book. print | xii, iv, -149 p. viii pl. (incl. front.) 18 cm. | By Cellarius. (Statement Of Responsibility). Illustration on t.-p. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: E. Churton - Cellarius, Henri
- Date: 1847
Book/Printed MaterialGuide du bon danseur Book. print | x, 187 p., 1 l. illus., port. 16 cm. | [par] B.-G. Bottallo ... (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page...
- Contributor: Bottallo, -G. (Barthélemy-G.) - Bottallo, -G. - Imp. Jouve & Cie
- Date: 1912
Book/Printed MaterialTraité pratique et théorique de la danse Directory. Book. print | 2 p.l., 466 p. illus. 20 cm. | par Edmond Bourgeois. (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and...
- Contributor: Garnier Frères - Bourgeois, Edmond
- Date: 1909
Book/Printed MaterialThe tango and the new dances for ballroom and home
Tango and other dances Book. print | 73 p. incl. illus., plates, diagrs. front. 20 cm. | by Maurice [pseud.] ... illustrated with photographs and diagrams. All steps described so plainly anyone can readily learn them....
- Contributor: Laird & Lee, Inc - Maurice
- Date: 1914
Book/Printed MaterialModern dancing Book. print | 175 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm. | by Mr. and Mrs. Vernon Castle ; with many illustrations from photographs and moving pictures of the...
- Contributor: World Syndicate Co. - Castle, Vernon
- Date: 1914