Book/Printed Material Rays of sunlight from South America
About this Item
- Rays of sunlight from South America
- Gardner, Alexander, 1821-1882.
- Moulton, Henry de Witt, 1828-1893, photographer.
- Philp & Solomons, publisher.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Philp & Solomons, c1865.
- - Lima (Peru)--Pictorial works
- - Chincha Islands (Peru)--Pictorial works
- - Guano industry--Peru--Pictorial works
- Photographically illustrated books--1860-1870
- Albumen prints--1860-1870
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Photographs of Lima, Peru and of the guano industry on the Chincha Islands. With captions.
- - "Negative by H. Moulton. Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1865, by Alex. Gardner in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the District of Columbia. Positive by A. Gardner"--photograph captions [landscape orientation: 47 prints].
- - "Negative by H. Moulton. Positive by A. Gardner"--photograph captions [portrait orientation: 23 prints]
- - Leather binding, gold-stamped.
- - Goldschmidt, L. Truthful Lens, 69
- - LAC ecr 2019-06-18 no edits (1 card)
-  p.,  leaves of plates : all ill. (mounted photos.) ; 33 x 45 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F3601 .G35
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gardner, Alexander, and Publisher Philp & Solomons, Moulton, Henry De Witt, photographer. Rays of sunlight from South America. Washington, D.C.: Philp & Solomons, 1865. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/44013000/.
APA citation style:
Gardner, A. & Philp & Solomons, P., Moulton, H. D. W., photographer. (1865) Rays of sunlight from South America. Washington, D.C.: Philp & Solomons. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/44013000/.
MLA citation style:
Gardner, Alexander, and Publisher Philp & Solomons, photographer by Moulton, Henry De Witt. Rays of sunlight from South America. Washington, D.C.: Philp & Solomons, 1865. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/44013000/>.