Book/Printed Material Sunte Birgitten Openbaringe.
About this Item
- Sunte Birgitten Openbaringe.
- Bridget, of Sweden, Saint, approximately 1303-1373.
- Poppy Printer, active 1487-1500, printer.
- Petrus Olai, of Alvastra, approximately 1307-approximately 1390.
- Petrus Olai, of Skänninge, -1378.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Lübeck [The Poppy printer] 1496.
- - Germany--Lübeck
- - Combines extracts from Birgitta's revelations with an adaptation of her life originally written by Petrus Olai of Alvastra and Petrus Olai of Skänninge.
- - The poppy device appearing on the borders of some illus. and on the verso of the last leaf was apparently used by several printers working for Hans van Ghetelen. Cf. E. Voulliéme's Die deutschen Drucker des 15. Jahrhunderts, 1922, p. 95.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 177
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, B-690
- - Hain, L. Repertorium bibliographicum, 3206
- - Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke, 4395
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy: on leaf xxviiib the first half of lines 22-30 printed on a label mounted over blank space.
- cciii [i.e. cciv] leaves. woodcuts: illus., initials, printer's device. 18 cm. (4to)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1496 .B5 BX4700.B6
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bridget, Of Sweden, Saint, Approximately, Active Poppy Printer, Of Alvastra Petrus Olai, Of Skänninge Petrus Olai, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Sunte Birgitten Openbaringe. [Lübeck The Poppy printer, 1496] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/47044056/.
APA citation style:
Bridget, O. S., Poppy Printer, A., Petrus Olai, O. A., Petrus Olai, O. S. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1496) Sunte Birgitten Openbaringe. [Lübeck The Poppy printer] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/47044056/.
MLA citation style:
Bridget, Of Sweden, Saint, Approximately, et al. Sunte Birgitten Openbaringe. [Lübeck The Poppy printer, 1496] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/47044056/>.