Book/Printed Material Confessio amantis.
About this Item
- Confessio amantis.
- Contributor Names
- Gower, John, 1325?-1408.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Westminster, William Caxton, 2 Sept. 1493 [i.e. 1483]
- - Goff G-329
- - Hain-Copinger 7835.
- - Duff, E.G. 15th cent. Engl. books, 166
- - Ricci, S. de. Census of Caxtons, 48; 18
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 565
- - LC copy imperfect: prelim. leaves [2-7] and leaves [viii], xlvii, cxxxiiii, clxxxv, clxxxviii, clxxxxiiii, ccvii, ccx, and ccxi supplied in facsimile. Without the 4 blanks. From the Huth Collection.
- - Thacher no. 835
- , ccxi [i.e. ccxiii],  leaves (, ,  and the last leaf blank). 30.4 cm. (fol.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1483 .G6
- Incun. 1483 .G6 Copy 2 Copy 2. 27.2 cm. Imperfect: prelim. leaves [2-7] supplied in facsim.; leaves [viii], cxi, cxii, cxxvii, cxxviii, cxlviii, ccx, and ccxi supplied in ms. Without the 4 blanks. Ricci 48; 11.
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gower, John, 1325?-1408, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Confessio Amantis. [Westminster, William Caxton, 2 Sept. i.e. 1483, 1483] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/48031309/.
APA citation style:
Gower, J. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1483) Confessio Amantis. [Westminster, William Caxton, 2 Sept. i.e. 1483] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/48031309/.
MLA citation style:
Gower, John, 1325?-1408, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Confessio Amantis. [Westminster, William Caxton, 2 Sept. i.e. 1483, 1483] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/48031309/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialContemplacyon of synners, for euery daye of the weke a synguler medytacyon. Title extracted from explicit (leaf [88a]). Compiled at the request of Richard Fox, Bp. of Durham, Lord Privy Seal. Goff C-869 Hain 5674 GW 7445 Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection,...
- Contributor: Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1499
Book/Printed MaterialThe booke callyd Caton. Title extracted from incipit of prologue (leaf [2a]). Translation by Caxton of a French paraphrase with commentary. Goff C-313 Hain-Copinger 4754 (variations) GW 6361 (variations) Ricci, S. de. Census of Caxtons, 16;...
- Contributor: Caxton, William - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1483
Book/Printed MaterialDe consolatione philosophiae. Translated by Geoffrey Chaucer. Goff B-813 Hain-Copinger 3399 GW 4576 (variations) Rosenwald 557 Gift of Lessing J. Rosenwald, 1943-1975. Other provenance information: bookplate of Thomas Brooke, FSA, Armitage Bridge; pencil note inside...
- Contributor: Brooke, Thomas - Chaucer, Geoffrey - Boethius - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1478
Book/Printed MaterialSpeculum Christiani. In Latin, with English verse and prose interspersed. Ascribed to John Watton or (by Leland) to Cadwgan, Bp. of Bangor. Goff W-9 Hain-Copinger 14914 Duff 415 Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald...
- Contributor: Cadwgan - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Watton, John
- Date: 1486
Book/Printed MaterialIohn Bochas descriuinge the falle of princis, princessis & other nobles. Title extracted from incipit (leaf [2a]). Translated into English verse by John Lydgate from the French version of Laurent de Premierfait. Goff B-710 Hain-Copinger 3345 GW 4431 Library of Congress. Lessing J....
- Contributor: Boccaccio, Giovanni - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Lydgate, John
- Date: 1494