Book/Printed Material Compendiosa totius anatomie delineatio, aere exarata.
About this Item
- Compendiosa totius anatomie delineatio, aere exarata.
- Geminus, Thomas, -1562.
- Vesalius, Andreas, 1514-1564.
- Herford, John, -1548?, printer.
- Williams, John Camp, 1859?-1929, former owner.
- Riviere & Son, binder.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Londini : In officina Ioanni Herfordie, 1545.
- - Human anatomy--Early works to 1800
- - England--London
- - Engraved title page.
- - Bound from separate sheets, not gathered in quires. After the title page the sheets are signed [fleuron], A1-6, B1-6 (i.e. B1-5, with 4 signed "B iiii v"), C1-5, D1-6, E1-6, F1-6, G1-6, H1-3.
- - Engravings by Geminus after the woodcuts in Vesalius' De humani corporis fabrica, 1543; with altered texts of Vesalius' De humani corporis fabrica librorum epitome and of the descriptions accompanying the original illustrations. Cf. C.D. O'Malley. Andreas Vesalius of Brussels, 1964.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1227
- - English short title catalogue, S122005
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy has bookplate of John Camp Williams.
- - LC copy: Bound by Riviere & Son.
- - LAC brd 2018-11-14 update (1 card)
- - LAC kcc 2018-11-15 review
- - LC Review of LAC Completed/Approved 2018-11-19
-  p. plates. 39 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- QM21 .G4 1545
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Geminus, Thomas, -1562, Andreas Vesalius, John Herford, John Camp Williams, Binder Riviere & Son, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Compendiosa Totius Anatomie Delineatio, Aere Exarata. Londini: In officina Ioanni Herfordie, 1545. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/48038614/.
APA citation style:
Geminus, T., Vesalius, A., Herford, J., Williams, J. C., Riviere & Son, B. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1545) Compendiosa Totius Anatomie Delineatio, Aere Exarata. Londini: In officina Ioanni Herfordie. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/48038614/.
MLA citation style:
Geminus, Thomas, -1562, et al. Compendiosa Totius Anatomie Delineatio, Aere Exarata. Londini: In officina Ioanni Herfordie, 1545. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/48038614/>.