Book/Printed Material Legenda aurea sanctorum, sive Lombardica historia. Pars aestivalis. Pars aestivalis
About this Item
- Legenda aurea sanctorum, sive Lombardica historia. Pars aestivalis.
- Pars aestivalis
- Jacobus, de Voragine, approximately 1229-1298.
- Zainer, Günther, -1478, printer.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Augsburg, Günther Zainer, 27 Apr. (Montag nach S. Jörgen) 1472.
- - Christian saints--Legends--Early works to 1800
- - Germany--Augsburg
- - Leaf [2a]: Hie hebt sich an das Sumer Teil der Heyligen Leben ...
- - 211 printed leaves, with probably two blank leaves at the end.
- - The "Winterteil" (Hain-Copinger 9968, pt. 2), which completes the work, is dated Oct. 25, 1471.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 378
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, J-156
- - Copinger, W.A. Supplement to Hain's Repertorium bibliographicum, 9968, pt. 1
- - Catalogue of books printed in the XVth century now in the British Museum, II, p. 317 (IC.5433)
- - Schramm, II, p. 5, 24, and illus.
- - Other References: Bott J-156
- - LC copy: initials supplied in red, a few in green, paragraph marks in red; printed initial and border on leaf [2a] and illus. in several colors; rubricator's date on leaf [211b]: 1478. Old blind-stamped calf binding over boards; clasps. Blank leaves at end wanting in LC copy.
- - Gift of Lessing J. Rosenwald, 1943-1975. Other provenance information: None.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
-  leaves. woodcuts: illus., initial with marginal border. 42.5 cm. (fol.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1472 .J3
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jacobus, De Voragine, Approximately, Günther Zainer, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Legenda aurea sanctorum, sive Lombardica historia. Pars aestivalis. Augsburg, Günther Zainer, 27 Apr. Montag nach S. Jörgen, 1472. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/48043530/.
APA citation style:
Jacobus, D. V., Zainer, G. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1472) Legenda aurea sanctorum, sive Lombardica historia. Pars aestivalis. Augsburg, Günther Zainer, 27 Apr. Montag nach S. Jörgen. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/48043530/.
MLA citation style:
Jacobus, De Voragine, Approximately, Günther Zainer, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Legenda aurea sanctorum, sive Lombardica historia. Pars aestivalis. Augsburg, Günther Zainer, 27 Apr. Montag nach S. Jörgen, 1472. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/48043530/>.