About this Item
- De musica
- Contributor Names
- Johannes -- Afflighemensis -- fl. ca. 1100 (creator)
- Created / Published
- [11--], monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Music theory -- Early works to 1800
- - Ioan Cotton. (statement of responsibility)
- - Ms.
- - RISM B III, v. 4, p. 188-190. (citation/reference)
- - Notes 0027-4380 v. 8, no. 4, Sept. 1951 p. 650-659. (citation/reference)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (additional physical form)
- - Purchased ca. 1830 from M. Lemmens of Ghent by Sir Thomas Phillipps (Phillipps catalog no. 1281); purchased from the Phillipps library by the Library of Congress, Sept. 1949. DLC
- 32 [i.e. 64] p. : vellum, diagrams (some col.), music ; 20 cm.
- Performing Arts Reading Room (Madison, LM113)
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LC Classification
- ML171 .C77
- Online Format
- Book. manuscript | 32 [i.e. 64] p. : vellum, diagrams (some col.), music ; 20 cm. | Ioan Cotton. (Statement Of Responsibility). Ms. RISM B III, v. 4, p. 188-190. (Citation/Reference). Notes 0027-4380 v. 8, no. 4, Sept. 1951 p. 650-659. (Citation/Reference). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (Additional Physical Form). Purchased ca. 1830 from M. Lemmens of Ghent by Sir Thomas Phillipps (Phillipps catalog no. 1281); purchased from the Phillipps library by the Library of Congress, Sept. 1949. DLC Manuscript (Form). Print (Form). Remote (Form).
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Music Treasures Consortium is an alliance of many libraries. The Library of Congress is hosting the consortium Web site which gives bibliographic information on each item; access to the digital items is provided through links to the holding library's own Web site. The items on this site are made freely available for scholarly use. Other uses may require permission or credit to the holding repository. Please contact the holding repository for more information.
Rights information for Library of Congress Holdings in the Music Treasures Consortium:
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Johannes. De Musica. [11--, Monographic] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/49030857/.
APA citation style:
Johannes. De Musica. [11--, Monographic] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/49030857/.
MLA citation style:
Johannes. De Musica. [11--, Monographic] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/49030857/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialQuartet, strings, no. 28, a♭ major print | score ( p.) ; 33 cm. | Holograph, in ink. At end: Vollendet 26 Jan, 1851. In the Heineman Foundation Collection of the Library of Congress. Print (Form).
- Contributor: Czerny, Carl
- Date: 1851
Book/Printed MaterialQuartet, strings, no. 20, C major. [from old catalog] print | score ( p.) 26 x 33 cm. | Holograph, in ink. In caption in another hand: comp. 1849 laut Verzeichnis. In the Heineman Foundation Collection of the Library of Congress....
- Contributor: Czerny, Carl
- Date: 1849
Book/Printed MaterialCatalogue de musique vocale Bibliography. Copyist's ms. thematic catalog of the author's collection. In the Heineman Foundation Collection of the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Ogny - Ogny (Comte D'. )
- Date: 1780
Book/Printed MaterialAn introduction to musical composition or a preparation for the study of counter-point Manuscript.
- Contributor: Diettenhofer, Joseph
- Date: 179?
Book/Printed Material[Liszt's corrections to his transcription for piano of Schubert's song Gretchen am Spinnrade print |  l. 34 cm. | Print (Form).
- Contributor: Schubert, Franz - Liszt, Franz - [Liszt, Franz]
- Date: 183?