Book/Printed Material Historia de preliis.
About this Item
- Historia de preliis.
- Leo, Archipresbyter, active 10th century.
- Eusebius, of Caesarea, Bishop of Caesarea, approximately 260-approximately 340.
- Hartlieb, Johann, active 1450, translator.
- Bämler, Johann, approximately 1430-1503, printer.
- Liechtensteinianis, former owner.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Augsburg, Johann Bämler, 28 June (Montag nach Johannes Baptistae) 1473.
- - Alexander,--the Great,--356 B.C.-323 B.C.--Romances
- - Germany--Augsburg
- - Leaf [2a]: Hienach volget Die Histori vo[n] de[m] Grosse[n] Alexand[er] wie die Eusebi[us] beschriben hat ...
- - Translation by Johann Hartlieb of Leo's Alexander romance, here attributed to Eusebius
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 44
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, A-403
- - Hain, L. Repertorium bibliographicum, 785
- - Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke, 884
- - Schramm, III, p. 2, 25, and illus.
- - LC copy differs from GW in having 29 woodcuts and no border on leaf [2a]. Illus. and initials decorated in various colors. Ex libris Liechtensteinianis.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
-  leaves (the first wanting) woodcuts: illus., initials. 31 cm. (fol.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1473 .L4
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Leo, Archipresbyter, Active 10Th Century, Of Caesarea Eusebius, Johann Bämler, Former Owner Liechtensteinianis, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Historia De Preliis. translateds by Hartlieb, Johann, Active 1450Lator Augsburg, Johann Bämler, 28 June Montag nach Johannes Baptistae, 1473. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/49039042/.
APA citation style:
Leo, A., Eusebius, O. C., Bämler, J., Liechtensteinianis, F. O. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1473) Historia De Preliis. Hartlieb, J., trans Augsburg, Johann Bämler, 28 June Montag nach Johannes Baptistae. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/49039042/.
MLA citation style:
Leo, Archipresbyter, Active 10Th Century, et al. Historia De Preliis. trans by Hartlieb, Johann, Active 1450Lator Augsburg, Johann Bämler, 28 June Montag nach Johannes Baptistae, 1473. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/49039042/>.