Manuscript/Mixed Material Exposicio mistica super exod[um]. Tractatus de spirituali aedificio
About this Item
- Exposicio mistica super exod[um].
- Tractatus de spirituali aedificio
- Early bindings in their original appearance are quite scarce. This spectacular survivor is made of white deerskin over boards of thick leather, now buckled. The stamps are place in vertical rows, within a border of small cross circles on the upper cover and of narrow rectangular vine stamps on the lower. Not all the stamps are clearly enough impressed for identification, but several of them are of familiar type dragons, stags, etc.
- Kloster Millstatt, former owner.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Germany, ca. 1150]
- - Mysticism--History--Middle Ages, 600-1500
- - Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)--Washington (D.C.)
- - [Germany]
- - Manuscript on vellum. Signatures i-xiv⁸, xv⁴. Early gothic minuscule script. Red initials, rubricated.
- - On leaf [2a] in 16th cent. hand: Residentia societatis Jesu millestadij inscrpt. and other notes; on leaf [115b], also in later hand than the text: Bernhardus sup vos qui tnsiti estis.
- - Title from label on cover.
- - Twelfth century romanesque stamped leather binding of white deerskin over wooden boards. Cf. U.S. Library of Congress. Quarterly journal of current acquisitions, v. 5, no. 3, May 1948, p. 50, and Zeitschrift f. Bücherfreunde, v. 37 (1933) p. -109.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1
- - Schutzner, S. Medieval and Renaissance manuscript books in the Library of Congress, 66
- - Bond, W.H. Supplement to the Census of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts in the United States and Canada, 161
- - Library of Congress. Rosenwald Collection (1954), 1
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Formerly identified as Rosenwald Collection ms. no. 12.
- - LAC ddw 2023-03-14 update (1 card)
-  l., the first and last wanting. 18 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Rosenwald 1
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kloster Millstatt, Former Owner, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Exposicio Mistica Super Exodum. [Germany, 1150] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/49058401/.
APA citation style:
Kloster Millstatt, F. O. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1150) Exposicio Mistica Super Exodum. [Germany] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/49058401/.
MLA citation style:
Kloster Millstatt, Former Owner, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Exposicio Mistica Super Exodum. [Germany, 1150] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/49058401/>.