Manuscript/Mixed Material [Portraits engr.
About this Item
- [Portraits engr.
- Contributor Names
- Blake, William, 1757-1827.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [n.p., ca. 1790?-1825]
- 1. Edmund Pitts, Esq. ad viv. del J. Earle. Guliels. Blake sculp. [ca. 1790?] Cf. A.G.B. Russell's Engravings of W. Blake. London, 1912, p. 156, no. 76.--2. Rev. John Caspar Lavater. Blake sculpt. London, Pubd. by J. Johnson, May 1, 1800, from a drawing in his possession, taken in 1787. Russell, p. 169, no. 92.--3. Lavater. J. Chapman sculp. London, C. Jones, Jan. 30, 1813.--4. Revd. Robert Hawker. Painted by I. Ponsford. Engraved by W. Blake. London, A.A. Paris, 1st May 1820. Mounted label inscribed to C. Tatham and signed by Catherine Blake.--5. Wilson Lowry. Drawn from life by J. Linnell, & engraved by J. Linnell, & W. Blake. London, Jurst, Robinson, & Co., Jan. 1, 1825. Russell, p. 187, no. 109.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1839
- - Plate 1 (Edmund Pitts, Esq.) also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 5 plates, mounted on cardboards 47 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- NE642.B5 A464
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1839 Plate 1 (Edmund Pitts, Esq.) also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blake, William, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Portraits Engr. [N.P., ?-1825, 1790] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/50041723/.
APA citation style:
Blake, W. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1790) Portraits Engr. [N.P., ?-1825] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/50041723/.
MLA citation style:
Blake, William, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Portraits Engr. [N.P., ?-1825, 1790] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/50041723/>.