Notated Music 15e.[-30e.] recueil des contre-danses et walzes Recueil des contre-danses et walzes / 28e. recueil des contre-danses et waltzes
About this Item
- 15e.[-30e.] recueil des contre-danses et walzes
- Other Title
- Recueil des contre-danses et walzes
- 28e. recueil des contre-danses et waltzes
- Contributor Names
- Clarchies, Louis Julien -- 1769-1814
- Created / Published
- Chez Frere, A Paris, [179-?-1815?], monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Violin music (Violins (2)) -- Scores
- - Country-dances -- France
- - Country-dance -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Waltzes -- France
- - Waltz -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Music for Dance
- - par Louis Julien Clarchies. (statement of responsibility)
- - Principally for 2 violins.
- - Title from t.p. of recueil 15 (the number is in ms. on the engraved t.p.).
- - Recueil 28 has variant publisher statement: Chez Frere père.
- - Each vol. of 45 p. contains several contre-danses, each accompanied by dance instructions, followed by several waltzes and (in most vols.) other dances.
- - Pl. no.: 1/30 J.
- - LC set consists of recueils 12-13, 16-17, 20, 23, 25-26, and 28 bound together in reverse numerical order; only recueil 28 has retained its t.p. Between recueils 23 and 20 is bound a similar unidentified vol. (without pl. no.) containing contre-danses by Julien (Clarchies) and 4 other composers and unattributed waltzes.
- - Recueil 28 available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 1 score (30[?] v.) ; 19 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Clarchies, Louis Julien. 15e.-30e. Recueil Des Contre-Danses Et Walzes. [Chez Frere, A Paris, 179-?-?, monographic, 1815] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/50044987/.
APA citation style:
Clarchies, L. J. (1815) 15e.-30e. Recueil Des Contre-Danses Et Walzes. [Chez Frere, A Paris, 179-?-?, monographic] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/50044987/.
MLA citation style:
Clarchies, Louis Julien. 15e.-30e. Recueil Des Contre-Danses Et Walzes. [Chez Frere, A Paris, 179-?-?, monographic, 1815] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/50044987/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated Music15e.[-30e.] recueil des contre-danses et walzes
Recueil des contre-danses et walzes | 28e. recueil des contre-danses et waltzes By the end of the eighteenth century, publishers were regularly offering collections of music appropriate for dancing contredanses, quadrilles, and waltzes. This large collection contains music for waltzes and sets of contredanses,...
- Contributor: Clarchies, Louis Julien
- Date: 179?
Notated MusicFifty standard duets Sheet Music. print | 1 score | From: Music Copyright Deposits, 1870-1885 (Microfilm M 3500) Also available through the Library of Congress Web Site as facsimile page images. (Additional Physical Form). Print...
- Contributor: Prendiville, Harry - Pepper, J. W.
- Date: 1882
Notated MusicSaxonne neuvieme valse, op. 110 sheet music | 1 score | For piano Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Godard, Benjamin - L. Grus & Co.
Notated MusicOld American songs, set I [pencil sketch] Scores. 26 p. 12.5" x 9.5" |
- Contributor: Copland, Aaron
Notated MusicOld American songs, second set [sketches] Scores. 67 p. 11" x 13.5" |
- Contributor: Copland, Aaron