Book/Printed Material Contemplacyon of synners, for euery daye of the weke a synguler medytacyon.
About this Item
- Contemplacyon of synners, for euery daye of the weke a synguler medytacyon.
- Worde, Wynkyn de, -1534?, printer.
- Bruce, John, 1802-1869, former owner.
- Toovey, James, 1814-1893, bookseller,
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Westminster, Wynkyn de Worde, 10 July 1499.
- - Devotional literature--Early works to 1800
- - England--London
- Blind tooled bindings (Binding)
- - Title extracted from explicit (leaf [88a]): Here endeth the treatyse called the contemplacyon of synners for euery daye of the weke a synguler medytacyon.
- - Compiled at the request of Richard Fox, Bp. of Durham, Lord Privy Seal.
- - Signatures: A-O⁸ P⁴.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 576
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, C-869
- - Hain, L. Repertorium bibliographicum, 5674
- - Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke, 7445
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy: Provenance: John Bruce, acquired by J. Toovey from Sotheby sale in 1870.
- - LC copy: original calf binding, with the figures of St. Gregory and St. Barbara stamped on the sides; end papers are leaves from the poetical romance of Merlin printed by Wynkyn de Worde in 1510.
-  leaves. woodcuts: illus. 20 cm. (4to)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1499 .C63 BV4831
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Worde, Wynkyn De, -1534?, Printer, John Bruce, James Toovey, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Contemplacyon of Synners, for Euery Daye of the Weke a Synguler Medytacyon. Westminster, Wynkyn de Worde, 10 July, 1499. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/54001910/.
APA citation style:
Worde, W. D., Bruce, J., Toovey, J. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1499) Contemplacyon of Synners, for Euery Daye of the Weke a Synguler Medytacyon. Westminster, Wynkyn de Worde, 10 July. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/54001910/.
MLA citation style:
Worde, Wynkyn De, -1534?, Printer, et al. Contemplacyon of Synners, for Euery Daye of the Weke a Synguler Medytacyon. Westminster, Wynkyn de Worde, 10 July, 1499. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/54001910/>.