Book/Printed Material From the Kennebec to California; reminiscences of a California pioneer.
About this Item
- From the Kennebec to California; reminiscences of a California pioneer.
- Henry Hiram Ellis (1829-1909) of Maine sailed round the Horn to San Francisco in 1849. From the Kennebec to California (1959) contains various versions of his reminiscences covering his adventures as a gold miner, captain of a Sacramento River boat and Pacific merchant ship, San Francisco police officer and Chief of Police (1875-1877).
- Ellis, Henry Hiram, 1829-1909.
Created / Published
- Los Angeles, W.F. Lewis [c1959]
- - California--Gold discoveries
- - Frontier and pioneer life--California
- - Crime--California--San Francisco
- - Criminals--California--San Francisco
- - Police--California--San Francisco
- - Ethnic groups--California
- - Law--Political aspects--California
- - Illustrated lining papers.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- xi, 88 p. 24 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F864 .E46
Library of Congress Control Number
- No known restrictions on publication. No copyright renewal found.
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
"California as I Saw It:" First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900.
General Notice and Restriction Statement: The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in this collection, some content may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), and/or the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, [appropriate source division as described in the bibliographic record]. For example: Library of Congress, General Collections; or, Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ellis, Henry Hiram. From the Kennebec to California; reminiscences of a California pioneer. [Los Angeles, W.F. Lewis, 1959] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/58014191/.
APA citation style:
Ellis, H. H. (1959) From the Kennebec to California; reminiscences of a California pioneer. [Los Angeles, W.F. Lewis] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/58014191/.
MLA citation style:
Ellis, Henry Hiram. From the Kennebec to California; reminiscences of a California pioneer. [Los Angeles, W.F. Lewis, 1959] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/58014191/>.