Book/Printed Material Die duytsche souter.
About this Item
- Die duytsche souter.
- Meer, Jacob Jacobszoon van der, active 1477-1488, printer.
- Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo.
- Arenberg, Prosper Louis, 1785-1861, former owner.
- Catholic Church.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Delft [Jacob Jacobszoen van der Meer] 12 Feb. 1480.
- - Bible.--Psalms.--Dutch
- - Netherlands--Delft
- - Title from colophon.
- - "[D]it va[n]de[n] loue der Salme[n] daer Augustinus sonderlinghe priselic van seit in eenen boec gheheten Dat boec vanden gheest ende vander sielen": leaves [1a-6b]. Actually the opening portion of the pseudo-Augustinian De virtute Psalmorum.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 473
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, P-1070
- - Copinger, W.A. Supplement to Hain's Repertorium bibliographicum, 13521
- - Catalogue of books printed in the XVth century now in the British Museum, IX, p. 16 (IA.47111)
- - Incunabula short title catalogue, ip01070000 https://data.cerl.org/istc/ip01070000 External
- - LC copy: Provenance: Duc d'Arenberg.
- - LC copy rubricated; initials supplied in blue or red, some ornamented; ornamental border on leaf [7a]. Leaf  mounted.
-  leaves. woodcut: printer's device. 14.4 cm. (8vo)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1480 .C3 BX2033.A5D8
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Meer, Jacob Jacobszoon Van Der, Active , Printer, Saint Augustine, Prosper Louis Arenberg, Catholic Church, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Die Duytsche Souter. [Delft Jacob Jacobszoen van der Meer 12 Feb, 1480] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/65058861/.
APA citation style:
Meer, J. J. V. D., Augustine, S., Arenberg, P. L., Catholic Church & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1480) Die Duytsche Souter. [Delft Jacob Jacobszoen van der Meer 12 Feb] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/65058861/.
MLA citation style:
Meer, Jacob Jacobszoon Van Der, Active , Printer, et al. Die Duytsche Souter. [Delft Jacob Jacobszoen van der Meer 12 Feb, 1480] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/65058861/>.