Book/Printed Material Hier beghint die Tafel van desen Boeck welck is ghehete[n] Der Sielen Troest. Sielen Troest
About this Item
- Hier beghint die Tafel van desen Boeck welck is ghehete[n] Der Sielen Troest.
- Sielen Troest
- Leempt, Gerardus, active 1473-1488, printer, attributed name.
- Arenberg, Prosper Louis, 1785-1861, former owner.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Utrecht, 10 Nov. 1479.
- - Ten Commandments--Early works to 1800
- - Netherlands--Utrecht
- - Title extracted from leaf [2a]: Hier beghint die Tafel van desen Boeck welck is ghehete[n] Der Sielen Troest.
- - The identity of the printer is concealed under initials which have been variously read as t C and G L, the latter representing the initials of Gerardus de Leempt. Cf. BM 15th cent., IX, p. xxvi and p. 13.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 471
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, S-360
- - Copinger, W.A. Supplement to Hain's Repertorium bibliographicum, 5338
- - Campbell, M.F.A.G. Annales de la typographie néerlandaise au XVe siècle, 1545 (variation)
- - Polain, M. L. Catalogue des livres imprimés au quinzième siècle des bibliothèques de Belgique 3534
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy rubricated; initials supplied in blue or red, some decorated. The first woodcut hand-colored. Binding with the arms of Arenberg.
- , clxix,  leaves (the first and last blank, wanting). woodcuts: 1 illus., printer's device. 29.5 cm. (fol.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1479 .S4
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Leempt, Gerardus, Active , Printer, Attributed Name, Prosper Louis Arenberg, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Hier beghint die Tafel van desen Boeck welck is gheheten Der Sielen Troest. Utrecht, 10 Nov, 1479. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/65058897/.
APA citation style:
Leempt, G., Arenberg, P. L. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1479) Hier beghint die Tafel van desen Boeck welck is gheheten Der Sielen Troest. Utrecht, 10 Nov. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/65058897/.
MLA citation style:
Leempt, Gerardus, Active , Printer, Attributed Name, Prosper Louis Arenberg, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Hier beghint die Tafel van desen Boeck welck is gheheten Der Sielen Troest. Utrecht, 10 Nov, 1479. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/65058897/>.