Book/Printed Material La operina di Ludouico Vicentino, da imparare di scriuere littera cancellarescha.
About this Item
- La operina di Ludouico Vicentino, da imparare di scriuere littera cancellarescha.
- The most important Renaissance writing manual, and the first to be conceived as a stand alone work that did not require additional personal instruction by a writing master. Arrighi manual can still be used as a resource in learning italic handwriting.
- Arrighi, Ludovico degli.
- Carpi, Ugo da, 1480-approximately 1532.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Roma, 1522]
- - Penmanship
- - Alphabets
- - Lettering
- - Signatures: A-D⁴.
- - "Finisce la arte di scriuere littera sorsiua ouer cancellarescha. Stmpata in Roma per inuentione di Ludouico Vicentino, scritore. Cvm gratia & privilegio.": p. .
- - The plates were engraved by Ugo da Carpi. A breve of Pope Clemens VII of May 3, 1525, withdrew the privilege from Ludovico and transferred it to Carpi who subsequently published a new enlarged ed. under his own name.--Cf. Kristeller in Thieme-Becker, v. 6, p. 48.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 807
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy bound with the author's Il mode de temperare le penne. Roma, 1523.
- - LAC knj 2019-04-18 no edits (1 card)
-  p. 21 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Z43.A3 L83 1522
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arrighi, Ludovico Degli, Ugo Da Carpi, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. La operina di Ludouico Vicentino, da imparare di scriuere littera cancellarescha. [Roma, 1522] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/66089550/.
APA citation style:
Arrighi, L. D., Carpi, U. D. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1522) La operina di Ludouico Vicentino, da imparare di scriuere littera cancellarescha. [Roma] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/66089550/.
MLA citation style:
Arrighi, Ludovico Degli, Ugo Da Carpi, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. La operina di Ludouico Vicentino, da imparare di scriuere littera cancellarescha. [Roma, 1522] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/66089550/>.