Map A Sketch of the harbour of St. Iago de Cuba.
About this Item
- A Sketch of the harbour of St. Iago de Cuba.
Created / Published
- - Nautical charts--Cuba--Santiago de Cuba Bay--Early works to 1800
- - Santiago de Cuba Bay (Cuba)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Harbors--Cuba--Santiago de Cuba--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - Cuba--Santiago Bay
- - Cuba--Santiago de Cuba
- - Scale ca. 1:15,500.
- - Title on verso: Plan & chart, St. Jago de Cuba, 81.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor, on tracing paper.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Soundings shown in fathoms.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1844
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 371
- - Includes "Reference" and "Some remarks in sailing into this harbour."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 650/1; 651/2; 650/3; 650/4
- col. map 57 x 72 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4922.S3P5 1765 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier (389)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,435)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,492)
- Geography and Map Division (56,144)
- American Memory (514,927)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,410,562)
Rights & Access
The materials in Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A Sketch of the harbour of St. Iago de Cuba. [?, 1765] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73691504/.
APA citation style:
(1765) A Sketch of the harbour of St. Iago de Cuba. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73691504/.
MLA citation style:
A Sketch of the harbour of St. Iago de Cuba. [?, 1765] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73691504/>.