Map [Map of the coast of New Jersey from Barnegat Inlet to Cape May.
About this Item
- [Map of the coast of New Jersey from Barnegat Inlet to Cape May.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--New Jersey--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Batsto Region (N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New Jersey--Batsto region
- - Scale ca. 1:32,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Relief shown by shading. Soundings shown in fathoms.
- - Shows the coast and the Mullica River inland to the site of the "Batsto forge."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1264
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Indexed for points of interest.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 21 x 34 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3812.C6 177- .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:32,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Oriented with north to the right. Relief shown by shading. Soundings shown in fathoms. Shows the coast and the Mullica River inland to the site of the "Batsto forge." LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1264 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Indexed for points of interest. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of the coast of New Jersey from Barnegat Inlet to Cape May. [177-?, 1770] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73691635/.
APA citation style:
(1770) Map of the coast of New Jersey from Barnegat Inlet to Cape May. [177-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73691635/.
MLA citation style:
Map of the coast of New Jersey from Barnegat Inlet to Cape May. [177-?, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73691635/>.
More Maps like this
MapSketch of the coast from South Edisto to Charles Town, 1st March 1780. Scale ca. 1:166,000. Title from verso. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Has watermark. Annotated with brown ink in a different hand. On verso: Sketch of the rebel redoubt on Stono River destroyed by Genl. Prevost....
- Date: 1780
MapPlan of the inland navigation between South Edisto and Charlestown. Scale 1:253,440; 4 miles to an in. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Watermark: C. Taylor. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1551 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Date: 1780
MapPlano. I descripcion de la costa, desde el Cavo Cañaveral, hasta cerca de la boca de ... Scale ca. 1:1,000,000. Manuscript, ink and watercolor. Depths shown by soundings. Shoals outlined in green. "N.4" and initials of Dn. Badaraco inscribed under title. Imperfect: Parts of title washed away. LC Maps...
- Contributor: Badaraco, Joseph Francisco - Linares, Juan
- Date: 1756
MapPansacola o Santta María de Galbe, puerto y presidio del Ry. de España situado en la ... Scale ca. 1:165,000. Watermarks: I. Honig; and, fleur-de-lis. Mounted on cloth backing. Manuscript, black and brown inks. Prime meridian: Tenerife. Soundings shown in fathoms. Includes descriptive text. Printed label describing the map...
- Date: 1760
MapA map containing part of the Provinces of New York and New Jersey, Scale ca. 1:126,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by shading. Shows area between the Hudson and Delaware Rivers, from Kingston, N.Y. to Trenton, including names of some property owners. LC Maps...
- Contributor: Millidge, Thomas - Skinner, Andrew - De Lancey, Oliver
- Date: 1781