Maps Carte de la Louisiane et des pays voisins
About this Item
- Carte de la Louisiane et des pays voisins
- Contributor Names
- Bellin, Jacques Nicolas, 1703-1772.
- Created / Published
- [Paris? between 1755 and 1762]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Louisiana--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - United States--Louisiana
- - Scale ca. 1:5,700,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "Sur de nouvelles obserbations on a corrigé les lacs, et leurs environs, 1755."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 90
- - Differs from other copy in presence of hand colored boundaries along the Appalachian Mountains to the mouth of The Mississippi; along the Alatamah River south of Georgia; and to the west of "Louisiane."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 48 x 61 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1762 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bellin, Jacques Nicolas. Carte de la Louisiane et des pays voisins. [Paris? between 1755 and 1762, 1762] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73693831/. (Accessed October 01, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Bellin, J. N. (1762) Carte de la Louisiane et des pays voisins. [Paris? between 1755 and 1762] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73693831/.
MLA citation style:
Bellin, Jacques Nicolas. Carte de la Louisiane et des pays voisins. [Paris? between 1755 and 1762, 1762] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/73693831/>.