Map Carte de la Nouvelle France,
About this Item
- Carte de la Nouvelle France,
- Contributor Names
- Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862.
- Champlain, Samuel de, 1574-1635.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - New France--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - New France
- - Scale ca. 1:6,000,000.
- - Manuscript, pencil and pen-and-ink.
- - "Rather more than 1/4 of the whole map."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text.
- - Index to points of interest on verso.
- - Accompanied by manuscript text.  p.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map on sheet 27 x 43 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1632 .T5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:6,000,000. Manuscript, pencil and pen-and-ink. "Rather more than 1/4 of the whole map." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes text. Index to points of interest on verso. Accompanied by manuscript text.  p. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thoreau, Henry David, and Samuel De Champlain. Carte de la Nouvelle France. [185-?, 1850] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73694638/.
APA citation style:
Thoreau, H. D. & Champlain, S. D. (1850) Carte de la Nouvelle France. [185-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73694638/.
MLA citation style:
Thoreau, Henry David, and Samuel De Champlain. Carte de la Nouvelle France. [185-?, 1850] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73694638/>.