Map Nation's capital area. [Washington D.C. and Chesapeake Bay regions]
About this Item
- Nation's capital area. [Washington D.C. and Chesapeake Bay regions]
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Created / Published
- Washington, 1973.
- - Washington Region--Maps
- - Chesapeake Bay Region (Md. and Va.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Region
- - United States--Maryland--Chesapeake Bay Region
- - United States--Virginia--Chesapeake Bay Region
- Remote-sensing maps
- - Scale 1:250,000.
- - Photo mosaic.
- - "National Aeronautics and Space Administration image."
- - "NASA (ERTS-1)."
- - Relief shown by spot heights. Depths shown by contours.
- - "This 'false-color' composite imagery of the National Capital area was produced by the Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, from multispectral imagery taken by the NASA Earth Resources Technology Satellite (ERTS-1) on October 11, 1972 ..."
- - Accompanied by text. 1 l.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - AACR2
- col. map 72 x 74 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.A4 1972 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Geological Survey, U.S, and United States National Aeronautics And Space Administration. Nation's capital area. Washington D.C. and Chesapeake Bay regions. Washington, 1973. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73696352/.
APA citation style:
Geological Survey, U. S. & United States National Aeronautics And Space Administration. (1973) Nation's capital area. Washington D.C. and Chesapeake Bay regions. Washington. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73696352/.
MLA citation style:
Geological Survey, U.S, and United States National Aeronautics And Space Administration. Nation's capital area. Washington D.C. and Chesapeake Bay regions. Washington, 1973. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73696352/>.