Map A new and correct chart of North America from Cape-Cod, to the Havannah;
About this Item
- A new and correct chart of North America from Cape-Cod, to the Havannah;
- Contributor Names
- Moore, John Hamilton, -1807.
- Robinson, G. G. (George G.)
- Created / Published
- London; Printed for and sold by J. H. Moore and G. Robinson, bookseller, 1784.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Atlantic Coast (North America)--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Coast (North America)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America--Atlantic Coast
- - Scale ca. 1:1,250,000.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - LC copy imperfect: Small hole in bottom.
- - Includes notes.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 769
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 183 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3321.P5 1784 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:1,250,000. Depths shown by soundings. Oriented with north toward the upper left. LC copy imperfect: Small hole in bottom. Includes notes. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 769 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Moore, John Hamilton, -1807, and G. G Robinson. A new and correct chart of North America from Cape-Cod, to the Havannah. London; Printed for and sold by J. H. Moore and G. Robinson, bookseller, 1784. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73697599/.
APA citation style:
Moore, J. H. & Robinson, G. G. (1784) A new and correct chart of North America from Cape-Cod, to the Havannah. London; Printed for and sold by J. H. Moore and G. Robinson, bookseller. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73697599/.
MLA citation style:
Moore, John Hamilton, -1807, and G. G Robinson. A new and correct chart of North America from Cape-Cod, to the Havannah. London; Printed for and sold by J. H. Moore and G. Robinson, bookseller, 1784. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73697599/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe Coast of Nova Scotia, New England, New York, Jersey, the Gulph and River of St. ... Scale ca. 1:2,000,000. Relief shown by shading. Soundings in fathoms. Shows tidal depths and bottom conditions. "Published for the use of the Royal Navy of Great Britain ... by Jos. F. W....
- Contributor: Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet)
- Date: 1779
MapThe North-American pilot for New England, New York, Pensilvania, Maryland, and Virginia; also, the two Carolinas, ... At head of title: Part the second. 1795 ed. published under title: A new edition, much enlarged, of the second part of the North American pilot for New England ... LC Maps...
- Contributor: Gascoigne, John - Fisher, Joshua - Blamey, Jacob
- Date: 1777
MapCarta que comprehende la Neuva York, Nueva Ynglaterra, la Acadia ò Neuva Escocia la Ysla Real, ... Scale ca. 1:1,700,000. Manuscript, ink and watercolor. Depths shown by soundings. Shoals outlined in yellow. "42." "Sujeta alas longitudes delos neuvos quarterones que por disposicion del Exmo. Sor. Dn. Josef Solano Comandante...
- Date: 1781
MapA Plan of the coast from Cape Anne in north latitude 42⁰42ʹ & 70⁰33ʹ west longitude ... Scale ca. 1:500,000. Manuscript, red and black ink and watercolor, some letters and features roughed in pencil. Relief shown by hachures. Shoals shown with a line of pale red wash. "Acc. no....
- Date: 1775
MapAn actual survey of the sea coast from New York to the I. Cape Brition, with ... Scale ca. 1:590,000. Shows longitude east and west from Boston. Soundings in feet. Imperfect. Lower right section missing. Parts of upper right section torn away. Includes tables, distance charts, and insets of...
- Contributor: Southack, Cyprian - Jno. Mount and Tho. Page
- Date: 1775