Map A plan of Mobile Bar,
About this Item
- A plan of Mobile Bar,
- Contributor Names
- Romans, Bernard, 1741?-approximately 1784.
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for R. Sayer, 1788.
- Subject Headings
- - Mobile Bay (Ala.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Alabama--Mobile Bay--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Alabama--Mobile Bay
- - Scale ca. 1:95,000.
- - "The soundings are in feet."
- - Shows "Isle Dauphine," "Mobile Point," "Pelican Id.," and other islands.
- - Plate no. "33."
- - From Thomas Jefferys' The West-India atlas. 1794.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1668
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 19 x 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3972.M6 1771 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Romans, Bernard, 1741?-Approximately 1784, and Robert Sayer. A plan of Mobile Bar. London, Printed for R. Sayer, 1788. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/73697604/.
APA citation style:
Romans, B. & Sayer, R. (1788) A plan of Mobile Bar. London, Printed for R. Sayer. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/73697604/.
MLA citation style:
Romans, Bernard, 1741?-Approximately 1784, and Robert Sayer. A plan of Mobile Bar. London, Printed for R. Sayer, 1788. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/73697604/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan of the harbour of Pensacola. Scale ca. 1:225,000. Depths shown by soundings. Appears in Thomas Jefferys' The West-India atlas. 1794. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1660 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Romans, Bernard - Sayer, Robert
- Date: 1788
MapMaps of East and West Florida. Scale ca. 1:500,000. Cover title. Alternate title from Peter Force's catalog of printed maps: Florida and its vicinity. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. "To the Marine Society of the...
- Contributor: Romans, Bernard
- Date: 1781
MapPlano del Pto. de la Movila situado en la latd. N. de 30⁰ 10ʹ tomado á ... Scale ca. 1:100,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Watermark: Zoonen. Soundings shown in fathoms. Shows the entrance to Mobile Bay. Mounted on cloth backing. Maggs number annotated in pencil in lower right corner:...
- Date: 1780
MapLe golfe de St. Laurent dressé sur plusieurs arpentages modernes et autres matériaux liés par des ... Scale ca. 1:500,000. Relief shown by hachures. Soundings shown in fathoms. Adapted from Jefferys' The American atlas. 1775. From the author's Pilote américain septentrionale. 1778-79. v. 2. "Pl. no: 15." Includes listing...
- Contributor: Jefferys, Thomas - Sayer, Robert - Le Rouge, Georges-Louis
- Date: 1779
MapAn exact chart of the river St. Laurence, from Fort Frontenac to the island of Anticosti ... Scale ca. 1:695,000 Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Soundings shown in fathoms. Includes descriptive text. Insets: The Seven Islands.--A continuation of the river from Quebec to Lake Ontario.--St. Nicholas or English Harbor.--The...
- Contributor: Jefferys, Thomas - Sayer, Robert
- Date: 1771