Map Plano de Philadelphia.
About this Item
- Plano de Philadelphia.
- Fisher, Joshua, 1707-1783.
Created / Published
- - Nautical charts--Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Delaware River Watershed (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware River Watershed (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware Bay
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware Bay
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware River Watershed
- - United States--New York (State)--Delaware River Watershed
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware River Watershed
- - Scale ca. 1:220,000.
- - Manuscript, pen and ink.
- - Copied from Joshua Fishers' "To the merchants & insurers of the city of Philadelphia, this chart of Delaware Bay and river."
- - Depths shown in fathoms.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Shows shipping channels.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1353
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 49 x 72 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3832.D4P5 1756 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fisher, Joshua. Plano de Philadelphia. [177-?, 1756] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74691685/.
APA citation style:
Fisher, J. (1756) Plano de Philadelphia. [177-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74691685/.
MLA citation style:
Fisher, Joshua. Plano de Philadelphia. [177-?, 1756] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74691685/>.