Map A plan of the city of Philadelphia.
About this Item
- A plan of the city of Philadelphia.
- Contributor Names
- Norman, John, 1748?-1817.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia, 1777?]
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- Early maps
- Manuscript maps
- - Scale not given.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Indexed.
- - Appears in The Philadelphia almanack for the year 1778. 1777.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1316
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 18 x 17 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P5 1777 .N6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale not given. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Indexed. Appears in The Philadelphia almanack for the year 1778. 1777. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1316 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Norman, John, 1748?-1817. A plan of the city of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia, ?, 1777] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74692113/.
APA citation style:
Norman, J. (1777) A plan of the city of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692113/.
MLA citation style:
Norman, John, 1748?-1817. A plan of the city of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia, ?, 1777] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74692113/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan of the city of Philadelphia and its environs shewing its defences during the years 1777 ... Scale ca. 1:14,400. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by shading. "To the Honble. Sir William Howe K.B. general and commander in chief of all His Majesty's forces within the colonies laying...
- Contributor: Nicole, Pierre
- Date: 1778
MapA Draught of ten lots of ground in the northern liberties of the city of Philadelphia, ... Scale ca. 1:650. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Mounted on cloth and paper backing with reinforced edges. Imperfect: Margin deteriorated and torn. Cadastral map. Includes "Annexed coloured plan," ca. 1:1,000 and a note...
- Date: 1787
MapA plan of the city and environs of Philadelphia : with the works and encampments of ... Scale ca. 1:21,000. Shows names of rural landholders. Indexed for public buildings. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1327 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image....
- Contributor: Faden, William
- Date: 1779
Map[Philadelphia and neighborhood]. Scale ca. 1:20,400. Title from William Faden's Catalogue of a curious and valuable collection of original maps and plans. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by hachures and shading. Shows line of...
- Date: 1778
MapA Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed. Scale ca. 1:16,200. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by shading. Differs from other copies by square cartouche. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 1344 Stamped on verso: Montresor. Available also through...
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1777