Map Carte de la Virginie et du Maryland.
About this Item
- Carte de la Virginie et du Maryland.
- Robert de Vaugondy, Gilles, 1688-1766.
- Fry, Joshua, approximately 1700-1754.
- Jefferson, Peter, 1708-1757.
Created / Published
- [Paris, 1776?]
- - Virginia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Maryland--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:880,000.
- - Third state.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows Virginia, Maryland, and "De La War counties."
- - The third state is described in Joshua Fry's The Fry & Jefferson map of Virginia and Maryland; a facsimile of the 1st ed. ... introduction by Dumas Malone. 1966.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1433
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3; 700/1; 700/2
- col. map 49 x 64 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1755 .R62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Robert De Vaugondy, Gilles, Joshua Fry, Peter Jefferson, and Groux. Carte de la Virginie et du Maryland. [Paris, ?, 1776] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74692501/.
APA citation style:
Robert De Vaugondy, G., Fry, J., Jefferson, P. & Groux. (1776) Carte de la Virginie et du Maryland. [Paris, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692501/.
MLA citation style:
Robert De Vaugondy, Gilles, et al. Carte de la Virginie et du Maryland. [Paris, ?, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74692501/>.