Map Virginie, Maryland en 2 feuilles par Fry et Jefferson.
About this Item
- Virginie, Maryland en 2 feuilles par Fry et Jefferson.
- Le Rouge, Georges-Louis.
- Fry, Joshua, approximately 1700-1754.
- Jefferson, Peter, 1708-1757.
Created / Published
- [Paris] 1777.
- - Virginia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Maryland--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:660,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "Planche 2e."
- - Shows Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the southern portions of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- - Appears in the author's Atlas amériquain septentrional. 1778 [i.e. 1792]
- - Includes inset, at reduced scale, showing western Virginia including the confluence of the Ohio and Kenawha rivers.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 68 x 99 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1777 .L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Le Rouge, Georges-Louis, Joshua Fry, and Peter Jefferson. Virginie, Maryland en 2 feuilles par Fry et Jefferson. [Paris, 1777] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74692503/.
APA citation style:
Le Rouge, G., Fry, J. & Jefferson, P. (1777) Virginie, Maryland en 2 feuilles par Fry et Jefferson. [Paris] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692503/.
MLA citation style:
Le Rouge, Georges-Louis, Joshua Fry, and Peter Jefferson. Virginie, Maryland en 2 feuilles par Fry et Jefferson. [Paris, 1777] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74692503/>.