Map Province de New-York en 4 feuilles,
About this Item
- Province de New-York en 4 feuilles,
- Montrésor, John, 1736-1799.
- Le Rouge, Georges-Louis.
Created / Published
- Paris, Chez Le Rouge, 1777.
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Northeastern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:320,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC copy sectioned and mounted on cloth and paper backing.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- - LC copy annotated in black ink: 13.
- - Place names in English.
- - Shows administrative divisions in New York and portions of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New England.
- - Based on John Montresor's A map of the Province of New York, with part of Pensilvania. 1775.
- - From Georges Louis Le Rouge's Atlas amériquain septentrional. 1778 [i.e. 1792]
- - Includes continuations of Lake Champlain and Connecticut River.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1068
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 142 x 93 cm. on 2 sheets 79 x 103 cm. and 80 x 103 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3800 1777 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Montrésor, John, and Georges-Louis Le Rouge. Province de New-York en 4 feuilles. Paris, Chez Le Rouge, 1777. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74692642/.
APA citation style:
Montrésor, J. & Le Rouge, G. (1777) Province de New-York en 4 feuilles. Paris, Chez Le Rouge. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692642/.
MLA citation style:
Montrésor, John, and Georges-Louis Le Rouge. Province de New-York en 4 feuilles. Paris, Chez Le Rouge, 1777. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74692642/>.