Maps A new and exact plan of Cape Fear River, from the bar to Brunswick,
About this Item
- A new and exact plan of Cape Fear River, from the bar to Brunswick,
- Contributor Names
- Hyrne, Edward.
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
- Created / Published
- [London] T. Jefferys, 1753.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--North Carolina--Cape Fear River Estuary--Early works to 1800
- - Cape Fear River Estuary (N.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Cape Fear Peninsula--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--North Carolina--Cape Fear River Estuary
- - United States--Cape Fear Peninsula
- - Scale ca. 1:90,000.
- - "Lat. 33⁰54ʹ observ'd by Mr. Wheatly 1752."
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Includes text.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1502
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated in upper right margin "22."
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 650/1; 651/2; 700/1
- map 39 x 32 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3902.C16P5 1752 .H9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
LocationCape Fear Peninsula
Cape Fear River Estuary
SubjectsCape Fear Peninsula
Cape Fear River Estuary
Cape Fear River Estuary (N.C.)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hyrne, Edward, and Thomas Jefferys. A new and exact plan of Cape Fear River, from the bar to Brunswick. [London T. Jefferys, 1753] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692771/. (Accessed February 26, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hyrne, E. & Jefferys, T. (1753) A new and exact plan of Cape Fear River, from the bar to Brunswick. [London T. Jefferys] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74692771/.
MLA citation style:
Hyrne, Edward, and Thomas Jefferys. A new and exact plan of Cape Fear River, from the bar to Brunswick. [London T. Jefferys, 1753] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/74692771/>.