Map A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R.
About this Item
- A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R.
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
Created / Published
- - Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia--Mount Vernon (Estate)
- - Scale not given.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Mounted on linen covered cardboard.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1447
- - Accompanied by 2 manuscript notes.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 46 x 44 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.M7 1766 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- "Change over Time" – More than a Content Standard at the Summer Teacher Institute
- Modest Monuments: The District of Columbia Boundary Stones
- Online Exhibition - Maps In Our Lives
- List of Early Maps and Surveys | George Washington: Surveyor and Mapmaker | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln: Three Great Presidents
- Washington as Land Speculator | George Washington: Surveyor and Mapmaker | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- Geography and Its Impact on Colonial Life
- Reason Gallery B - American Treasures of the Library of Congress
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Washington, George. A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R. 1766. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74693204/.
APA citation style:
Washington, G. (1766) A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74693204/.
MLA citation style:
Washington, George. A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R. 1766. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74693204/>.