Map America septentrionalis oder Mitternächtiger Theil von America,
About this Item
- America septentrionalis oder Mitternächtiger Theil von America,
- Contributor Names
- Kilian, Georg Christoph, 1709-1781.
- Created / Published
- Augspurg [1764?]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale not given.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Map in English, cartouche in German.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 113
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault.
- - AACR2
- col. map 20 x 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1764 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale not given. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Map in English, cartouche in German. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 113 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault. AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kilian, Georg Christoph. America septentrionalis oder Mitternächtiger Theil von America. [Augspurg ?, 1764] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74695014/.
APA citation style:
Kilian, G. C. (1764) America septentrionalis oder Mitternächtiger Theil von America. [Augspurg ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74695014/.
MLA citation style:
Kilian, Georg Christoph. America septentrionalis oder Mitternächtiger Theil von America. [Augspurg ?, 1764] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74695014/>.
More Maps like this
MapNorth America drawn from the latest and best authorities. Scale ca. 1:17,000,000. Relief shown pictorially. "Longitude west from London." Described in Carl I. Wheat's Mapping of the transmississippi west 1957. v. 1, 210. Two copies. Copy 2 has note attached: The...
- Contributor: Terry, G. - Kitchin, Thomas - Harrison, John
- Date: 1787
MapA new and accurate map of North America : wherein the errors of all proceeding British, ... Relief shown by shading. "All the coloured part of this map ... delineates the rights and possessions of Great Britain ... " Mounted on cloth with transparent cloth overlay, losses along outer...
- Contributor: Huske, John - Kitchin, Thomas - R. And J. Dodsley
- Date: 1755
MapA general map of North America; from the latest observations. Scale ca. 1:10,500,000. Relief shown pictorially. Includes distance chart. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- Contributor: Lodge, John - Jefferys, Thomas
- Date: 1778
MapL'Amérique septentrionale, Scale ca. 1:12,500,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Shows the Mississippi River to be the eastern boundary of Louisiana. From the author's Atlas nouveau, [1761?], v. 9, no. 34. Lowery 433 LC...
- Contributor: Cóvens Et Mortier
- Date: 1757
MapA new and accurate map of the British dominions in America, according to the Treaty of ... Relief shown pictorially. Appears in: The maps and charts of the modern part of the universal history. 1766. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 124 Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Kitchin, Thomas
- Date: 1963