Map Map of the country about the Mississippi.
About this Item
- Map of the country about the Mississippi.
- Contributor Names
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Ohio River Valley--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - United States--Ohio River Valley
- - Not drawn to scale.
- - Title from verso.
- - Manuscript, pen and ink.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Shows area from Lake Erie to the mouth of the Ohio River.
- - Also mounted on sheet, in same handwriting as map, 2 sheets, one of questions, one of information relating to the map.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 775
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1
- map on sheet 34 x 42 cm. mounted on sheet 39 x 65 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1755 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase (82)
- Discovery and Exploration (212)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,433)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,488)
- Geography and Map Division (55,510)
- American Memory (515,183)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,230,812)
The contents of the Library of Congress Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division, Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase.
More about Copyright and other RestrictionsFor guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chegeree. Map of the country about the Mississippi. [?, 1755] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74695023/.
APA citation style:
Chegeree. (1755) Map of the country about the Mississippi. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74695023/.
MLA citation style:
Chegeree. Map of the country about the Mississippi. [?, 1755] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74695023/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Map of the Ohio River from Fort Pitt. Scale ca. 1:700,000. Title from Peter Force's catalog of manuscript maps. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. In pencil: Montresor, 1776. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. Shows river course from New Martinsville, W.Va....
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1776
MapRiver of Ohio. Scale ca. 1:2,000,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. "No. 23." Includes latitude readings at spots along the river and notes on the width of tributaries. LC Maps...
- Contributor: Gordon, Harry
- Date: 1766
Map[A trader's map of the Ohio country before 1753. Scale ca. 1:1,270,000. Title from C. A. Hanna's The wilderness trail, 1910-1911. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermarks. Relief shown pictorially. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 772 Available also through the...
- Contributor: Patten, John
- Date: 1753
MapA Map of the western parts of the province of Pennsylvania, Virginia, &c. Scale ca. 1:1,270,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink, pencil and watercolor. Has watermark. Imperfect: Eastern portion and southwest corner wanting. Relief shown pictorially. "To the Honourable House of Representatives of the Province of Pennsylvania this...
- Contributor: Patten, John
- Date: 1753
MapMapa de una parte de la America Septentrional Scale ca. 1:8,500,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink tracing. Prime meridian: Paris. Relief shown pictorially. "Los limites propuestos dentro las memorias de los Señores Commissarios Inglezes del 21 Septbre. 1750, y Enero 1751 ... "...
- Date: 1751