Book/Printed Material The diaries of George Washington
About this Item
- The diaries of George Washington
- Contributor Names
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
- Jackson, Donald, 1919-1987.
- Twohig, Dorothy.
- Created / Published
- Charlottesville : University Press of Virginia, 1976-1979.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington, George,--1732-1799--Diaries
- - Presidents--United States--Diaries
- - Includes bibliographies and indexes.
- - Also available as searchable text and as bitonal and grayscale page images through the Library of Congress Web site.
- 6 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E312.8 1976
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- George Washington and His Allies: Primary Sources Offer Insights into Leadership and Alliances in the American Revolution
- Related Resources | About this Collection | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- Series 1. Exercise Books, Diaries, and Surveys, ca. 1745 to 1799 | Series Notes | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- The Constitution
The George Washington Papers at the Library of Congress
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
The Diaries of George Washington
The following statement is made by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia, the copyright owners of The Diaries of George Washington.
Donald Jackson and Dorothy Twohig, eds. The Diaries of George Washington. 6 vols. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1976-79; a series of The Papers of George Washington. Copyright 1976-79 by the Rector and Visitors of University of Virginia. Used by permission of the publisher. The publisher is not responsible for the correctness and completeness of the images and texts as they appear in this online collection.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Washington, George, Donald Jackson, and Dorothy Twohig. The diaries of George Washington. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, to 1979, 1976. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/75041365/.
APA citation style:
Washington, G., Jackson, D. & Twohig, D. (1976) The diaries of George Washington. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, to 1979. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75041365/.
MLA citation style:
Washington, George, Donald Jackson, and Dorothy Twohig. The diaries of George Washington. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, to 1979, 1976. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/75041365/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialThe papers of George Washington digital edition /
Papers of George Washington digital edition A landmark in historical scholarship, The Papers of George Washington encompasses five separate series and the complete diaries. This digital edition offers the complete Papers to date in one online publication. The...
- Contributor: Washington, George
- Date: 2007
Book/Printed MaterialThe journal of Major George Washington : sent by the Hon. Robert Dinwiddie to the commandant ... Includes reproduction of t.p., of London edition, 1754. "200 copies printed on small paper. 50 copies on large paper"--t.p. verso. LC has copy no. 80 with initials "J.S.". Also available in digital...
- Contributor: Toner, Joseph M., (Joseph Meredith) - Washington, George
- Date: 1865
Book/Printed MaterialRules of conduct, diary of adventure, letters, and farewell addresses Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Washington, George
- Date: 1916
Book/Printed MaterialThe agricultural papers of George Washington, Includes letters from Washington to various persons on agricultural subjects, extracts from his diaries, farm reports., etc. Also available in digital form. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Brooke, Walter Edwin - Washington, George
- Date: 1919
Book/Printed MaterialDiary of George Washington, September-December, 1785. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Ford, Worthington Chauncey - Washington, George
- Date: 1902