Map [Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustine.
About this Item
- [Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustine.
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
Created / Published
- London? 1762?]
- - Saint Augustine (Fla.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Harbors--Florida--Saint Augustine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Florida--Saint Augustine
- - Scale ca. 1:47,000.
- - Title from typed label mounted with map.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depth shown by soundings.
- - Ascribed to William Roberts' An account of the first discovery and natural history of Florida, 1763 by typed label mounted with map.
- - Differs from the map in Roberts' work and from the map in Thomas Jefferys' A description of the Spanish Islands ... 1762 in that it is wanting cartouche and title information, pagination in margin, and a statement in lower margin "T. Jefferys, sculp."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1637
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 21 x 29 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3934.S2 1762 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier (389)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,435)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,492)
- Geography and Map Division (56,343)
- American Memory (513,923)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,367,475)
Rights & Access
The materials in Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jefferys, Thomas, -1771. Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustine. [London? ?, 1762] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/75693262/.
APA citation style:
Jefferys, T. (1762) Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustine. [London? ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75693262/.
MLA citation style:
Jefferys, Thomas, -1771. Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustine. [London? ?, 1762] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/75693262/>.