Map Mappa Geographica Americæ Septentrionalis.
About this Item
- Mappa Geographica Americæ Septentrionalis.
- Contributor Names
- Euler, Leonhard, 1707-1783.
- Created / Published
- [Berolini? 1760?]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:8,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows Caribbean region.
- - "From: Geographischer Atlas. Berlin, bey Johann Michael Kunst. [1745-1772?]"
- - Ownership seal stamped on.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 86
- - Includes inset of Hudson Bay [ca. 16,000,000]
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1
- col. map 69 x 72 cm. on 4 sheets 37 x 43 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1760 .E9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:8,000,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Shows Caribbean region. "From: Geographischer Atlas. Berlin, bey Johann Michael Kunst. [1745-1772?]" Ownership seal stamped on. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 86 Includes inset of Hudson Bay [ca. 16,000,000] Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 100; 651/1
- Original Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Euler, Leonhard. Mappa Geographica Americæ Septentrionalis. [Berolini? ?, 1760] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/75693276/.
APA citation style:
Euler, L. (1760) Mappa Geographica Americæ Septentrionalis. [Berolini? ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75693276/.
MLA citation style:
Euler, Leonhard. Mappa Geographica Americæ Septentrionalis. [Berolini? ?, 1760] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/75693276/>.
More Maps like this
MapNorth America drawn from the latest and best authorities. Scale ca. 1:17,000,000. Relief shown pictorially. "Longitude west from London." Described in Carl I. Wheat's Mapping of the transmississippi west 1957. v. 1, 210. Two copies. Copy 2 has note attached: The...
- Contributor: Terry, G. - Kitchin, Thomas - Harrison, John
- Date: 1787
MapA new and accurate map of North America : wherein the errors of all proceeding British, ... Relief shown by shading. "All the coloured part of this map ... delineates the rights and possessions of Great Britain ... " Mounted on cloth with transparent cloth overlay, losses along outer...
- Contributor: Huske, John - Kitchin, Thomas - R. And J. Dodsley
- Date: 1755
MapThe American military pocket atlas; being an approved collection of correct maps, both general and particular; ... LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 143, 714, 1073, 1396, 1697 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Date: 1776
MapThe North American atlas, selected from the most authentic maps, charts, plans, &c. hitherto published. Second prelim. leaf is ms. table of contents. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789: 152, 257, 309, 624, 635, 690, 732, 800, 912, 1003, 1047, 1056, 1066, 1145, 1296, 1320, 1356, 1394,...
- Contributor: Faden, William
- Date: 1777
MapNorth America. Scale ca. 1:15,000,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. From William Guthrie's A new geographical, historical, and commercial grammar. 1774. v. 2. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: Kitchin, Thomas - Guthrie, William
- Date: 1774