Book/Printed Material Būkvarʹ sʺ razlichny poūchenīę Букварь съ различны поученіѧ / / Bukvar s razlichni pouchenii︠a︡ / Also known as: Ribnii︠a︡t bukvarʹ / Also known as: Ribnii︠a︡ bukvarʹ / Also known as: Riben bukvarʹ / Also known as: Fish primer
About this Item
- Būkvarʹ sʺ razlichny poūchenīę
- Букварь съ различны поученіѧ /
- Bukvar s razlichni pouchenii︠a︡
- Also known as: Ribnii︠a︡t bukvarʹ
- Also known as: Ribnii︠a︡ bukvarʹ
- Also known as: Riben bukvarʹ
- Also known as: Fish primer
- Primer with various instructions
- Beron's Primer with Various Instructions is the first modern Bulgarian primer. Used by children throughout the 19th century, it contained, in addition to the rules of grammar, general information about nature and basic arithmetic. The book is better known as the "Fish Primer" for the picture of the whale at the end. Beron is considered the father of modern Bulgarian. World Digital Library.
- Beron, Petŭr, author.
- Early Bulgarian Imprint Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Brașov, Romania] : Napechata sę sasʺ pomoshtʹ-ta G. Antonʹova Iōannovicha, vʺ godi︠e︡ 1824.
- - Bulgarian language--Readers
- - Conduct of life
- - Nature study
- - Bulgarian language--Early works to 1900
- - LC copy has inscription: "Ribnii︠a︡ bukvar', 1824 g., Lipsvat pŭrvite 18 str i nakrai︠a︡ tablit︠s︡ite. Pribaveni sa sŭshtite ot novo steriotipno izdanie."
- - LC copy has pages 1-18, 8 supplementary and 6 leaves of plates reproduced from stereotype edition and inserted.
- - Twelve illustrations of animals on six leaves include the famous whale and dolphin.
- - Narodna biblioteka "Kiril i Metodii". Bŭlgarska vŭzrozhdenska knizhnina ("Stoi︠a︡nov"), 251
- - Pogorelov, V.A. Opis na starite pechatani bŭlgarski knigi, 12
- - Teodorov-Balan, Aleksandŭr. Bŭlgarski knigopis za sto godini, 1806-1905, 584
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy from the collection of Todor Plochev, purchased in 1949.
- 140 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 3 unnumbered folded leaves, 4 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PG837 .B365 1824
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Beron, Petŭr, Author, and Early Bulgarian Imprint Collection. Būkvarʹ Sʺ Razlichny Poūchenīę. [Brașov, Romania: Napechata sę sasʺ pomoshtʹ-ta G. Antonʹova Iōannovicha, vʺ godi︠e︡, 1824] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/76515894/.
APA citation style:
Beron, P. & Early Bulgarian Imprint Collection. (1824) Būkvarʹ Sʺ Razlichny Poūchenīę. [Brașov, Romania: Napechata sę sasʺ pomoshtʹ-ta G. Antonʹova Iōannovicha, vʺ godi︠e︡] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76515894/.
MLA citation style:
Beron, Petŭr, Author, and Early Bulgarian Imprint Collection. Būkvarʹ Sʺ Razlichny Poūchenīę. [Brașov, Romania: Napechata sę sasʺ pomoshtʹ-ta G. Antonʹova Iōannovicha, vʺ godi︠e︡, 1824] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/76515894/>.