Book/Printed Material Almagestū Cl. Ptolemei. Opus ingens ac nobile omnes celorū motus continens.
About this Item
- Almagestū Cl. Ptolemei. Opus ingens ac nobile omnes celorū motus continens.
- Contributor Names
- Ptolemy, active 2nd century.
- Gherardo, da Cremona, 1113 or 1114-1187.
- Honter, Johannes, 1498-1549.
- Created / Published
- Venetijs : P. Liechtenstein, 1515.
- Subject Headings
- - Astronomy--Early works to 1800
- - Mathematics, Greek
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Translated by Gherardo da Cremona from an Arabic version.--Cf. M.B. Stillwell. The awakening interest in science during the first century of printing, 1970, no. 97.
- - In LC copy the date 1515 has been altered to 1465 on t.p., and on rector and verso of last leaf. Inserted are teh 2 start mpas of J. Honter published at Basel in 1532.--Cf. O. Wittstock. Johannes Honterus , p. 84
- - "Ex Biliotheca Marchionis Josephi Malaspinae de Fodisnovo". Bookplate of Charles Albert Browne.
- - LAC snh 2019-10-03 update (1 card)
- 152 l., : diagrs. ; 31 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PA4405.A4 A5 1515
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Ancient Greek Astronomy and Cosmology | Modeling the Cosmos | Articles and Essays | Finding Our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond | Digital Collections
- Competing Cosmological Models | Modeling the Cosmos | Articles and Essays | Finding Our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ptolemy, Active 2Nd Century, Da Cremona Gherardo, and Johannes Honter. Almagestū Cl. Ptolemei. Opus ingens ac nobile omnes celorū motus continens. Venetijs: P. Liechtenstein, 1515. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/76517936/.
APA citation style:
Ptolemy, A. 2. C., Gherardo, D. C. & Honter, J. (1515) Almagestū Cl. Ptolemei. Opus ingens ac nobile omnes celorū motus continens. Venetijs: P. Liechtenstein. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76517936/.
MLA citation style:
Ptolemy, Active 2Nd Century, Da Cremona Gherardo, and Johannes Honter. Almagestū Cl. Ptolemei. Opus ingens ac nobile omnes celorū motus continens. Venetijs: P. Liechtenstein, 1515. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/76517936/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialEpytoma Ioa[n]nis de Mo[n]te Regio in Almagestu[m] Ptolomei. Woodcut title. Begun by Georg von Peurbach. Edited by Giovanni Abiosi. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Goff R-111 Hain-Copinger 13806 BM 15th cent., V, p....
- Contributor: Peurbach, Georg Von - Regiomontanus, Joannes - Abiosi, Giovanni - Ptolemy
- Date: 1496
Book/Printed MaterialIohannis de Sacrobusto, Anglici, uiri clarissimi, Spera mundi feliciter incipit. [Gerardi Cremonensis, uiri clarissimi, Theorica planetaru[m] ... Titles from p. ,  (incipits, printed in red). The Theorica planetarum is usually considered to be by the Cremona astrologer Gherardo da Sabbioneta, although some authorities ascribe it to the Gerardus...
- Contributor: Sacro Bosco, Joannes De - Gherardo
- Date: 1478
Book/Printed MaterialTractatum de spera quatuor capitulis distinguimus ... [Theorica planeta[rum]]. Titles from opening lines on p. 1 and explicit on p. . The Sphaera mundi is by Joannes de Sacro Bosco. The Theorica planetarum is usually considered to be by the Cremona...
- Contributor: Sacro Bosco, Joannes De - Gherardo
- Date: 1472
Book/Printed MaterialHieronymi Cardani ... In Cl. Ptolemaei ... IIII De astrorum judiciis , aut, ut vulgo vocant, ... With: Cardano, Girolamo. Hieronymi Cardani Mediolanensis medici De subtilitate libri XXI. Basileæ, per Ludovicum Lucium, 1554. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LAC tnb 2020-09-15 update...
- Contributor: Cardano, Girolamo - Ptolemy
- Date: 1554
Book/Printed MaterialArchimēdous tou Syrakousiou, Ta mechri nun sōzomena, hapanta = Archimedis Syracusani philosophi ac geometrae excellentissimi opera, ...
Archimedis Syracusani philosophi ac geomatrae excellentissimi Oopera quae quidem extant, omnia Title Romanized from Greek characters. Imprint from colophon. Verzeichnis der im deutschen Sprachbereich erschienenen Drucke des XVI. Jahrhunderts (VD 16), A3217 LAC scc 2018-10-15 update
- Contributor: Archimedes - Venatorius, Thomas
- Date: 1544