Map [50ʺ military globe gores]
About this Item
- [50ʺ military globe gores]
- Contributor Names
- United States. Office of Strategic Services.
- United States. War Department.
- Weber Costello Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago Heights, Ill. [Weber Costello Co.] c1942.
- Subject Headings
- - World maps
- - Globes
- - Earth
- - CIF17938 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Scale 1:10,000,000.
- - Relief shown by gradient tints.
- - "Copyright by Weber Costello Co. except as to modifications made and materials added by the Government of the United States."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes diagr. of globe gores.
- - AACR2
- col. map on 5 sheets 137 x 92 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3201.B71 1942 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Office Of Strategic Services, United States War Department, and Weber Costello Company. 50ʺ Military Globe Gores. [Chicago Heights, Ill. Weber Costello Co, 1942] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/76694920/.
APA citation style:
United States Office Of Strategic Services, United States War Department & Weber Costello Company. (1942) 50ʺ Military Globe Gores. [Chicago Heights, Ill. Weber Costello Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76694920/.
MLA citation style:
United States Office Of Strategic Services, United States War Department, and Weber Costello Company. 50ʺ Military Globe Gores. [Chicago Heights, Ill. Weber Costello Co, 1942] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/76694920/>.
More Maps like this
MapMechanischer Welt Globus zum Gebrauche des kleinen Geographen Relief shown by hachures. Title from envelope. Gores for a 13 cm. globe. Six gores linked by a cloth strip and mounted on blue paper, attached at both poles to six brown...
- Contributor: Kaiser, Joseph Franz
- Date: 1840
Map[Terrestrial globe gores]. Relief shown pictorially. Title supplied by cataloger. Reissued by Giuseppe di Rossi in 1615. Dedication in upper hemisphere: Illmo. viro optimaraq. artium amatori et Fautori D. Paulo Mellino Romano ... In lower...
- Contributor: Rossi, Giuseppe Di. - Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1615
MapRand McNally & Co.'s new twelve inch terrestrial globe [gores]. Relief shown in hachures. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company
- Date: 1887
MapGlobus aus der Mitte des XVI Jahrhunderts
Nova et integra universi orbis descriptio Relief shown pictorially. Dedication: Reverre[n]diss. et illustriss. Do. Do. Urbano Sangelasio episcopo Com[m]ingiensi, Joan[n]es Oterschaden Belga humillime D.D. Original version: [Antwerp? ; s.n., ca. 1603]. Date of original from Shirley's Mapping of...
- Contributor: Oterschaden, Johannes - Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. Militär-Comité
- Date: 1879
MapThe trans-orbal map : a Global Press map for one world F18574 U.S. Copyright Office This map which was produced from a photograph of a transparent globe permits a view through the orb or globe; and, enables one to observe the relationship of...
- Contributor: Ristow, Walter W. (Walter William) - Global Press Corporation
- Date: 1944